Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Floral Letters




Recently a close friend had a baby girl. I wanted to make her something fun for her nursery.  It needed to be something she would like, want and use. When I asked her what she might enjoy she said she'd like her daughters initials with a floral theme. Between her ideas and mine this is what was created.




For this project I needed:
- 7 bouquets of fake flowers               ($20)
- White wooden letters                  ($4 each)
- A hot glue gun and glue sticks    (Owned)
- Scissors                                       (Owned)
The Total cost was $32.


Getting Started
I started out this project by cutting all of the flowers off of their stems, making sure to get as close to the base of the flower as possible. Next I set the flowers on the letters to get an idea for the look and feel.  A handful of the smaller flowers were set aside to use as filler later.  Upon doing this I realized I needed more flowers so I recommend getting more than you think you'll need.  



I then removed the flowers and proceeded to hot-glue them on, changing the layout slightly as I went. Starting with the biggest flowers and moving my way to the smallest seemed to work best. When glueing them on I found that having the flowers point in different directions looked better. Once finished glueing the large and medium flowers on it was time to fill in with the little ones I
had set aside. 




They are light and girly, perfect for a little girls nursery. You could also do some fun spring home decor using this process.  Hope you enjoy this as much as I did. 

If you have any recommendations for a future project it would be appreciated. 



No comments:

Post a Comment